It’s Super Bowl week! To me, the best part of the Super Bowl is the pre-game show, the commercials, the half-time show, the food and the premiere of The Voice afterwards. Whether you are hosting friends, going someplace or staying at home with your family, this week’s recipes are dedicated to making it a tasty few hours.
I was introduced to this recipe by Linda who got it from Amber so you can see that it’s one worth passing along. David eats it with a fork (that’s because he’s healthier than the rest of us) but the kids like to try it with the various chips. Sometimes they even remember to put the dip on the chip.
Go Horns! (oh wait - this is pro football)
- 2 cans of black beans, drained.
- 1 can of corn, drained (or 2 cups of fresh boiled or roasted)
- 1 package (6 oz) crumbled plain feta
- Cilantro, stems removed and finely chopped. Amount to your liking – I used about ½ c
- 1/3 c apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1/3 c sugar
- Chips – Fritos Scoops, Tostitos Scoops or Pita Chips (like Stacy’s simply naked pc)
|Black Bean Corn and Feta Dip|
Drain and rinse black beans and corn. Put in a bowl. Add the feta and cilantro. Mix the dressing (ingredients #5-7) in a separate container and then pour over the bean and corn mixture. Gently stir. Serve with Fritos Scoops, Tostitos Scoops or pita chips.