I will still meet you at Hillstone for their french fries. This side is only $5 and they are worth every penny.
|Spinach Dip, Chicago Style|
1. 12 oz. box frozen chopped spinach, thawed (I don’t know about your grocery store but mine sells 10 oz boxes so I adjusted the other ingredients down slightly)
2. ½ C canned artichoke hearts (not marinated), chopped
3. 1 T chopped white onion
4. ¼ C heavy cream
5. ¼ C sour cream
6. 1 ¼ C shredded Monterey Jack cheese
7. 1/3 C grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
8. ¼ t garlic salt
9. Tortilla chips (I served it with Mission tortilla strips)
Mix together ingredients #1-3 in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and then cut a small slit in the center of the wrap so that the steam can escape. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Keep the spinach covered while you prepare the cream sauce.
Combine ingredients #4-8 in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat. Heat this mixture slowly for about 10 minutes or until the sauce reaches a simmer and thickens. Do not let the mixture boil.
Add the spinach mixture to the sauce and continue to heat over medium/low. Cook for about 10 more minutes or until mixture reaches a thick dip-like consistency. Pour into a bowl and serve with tortilla chips. Add side bowls of picante sauce and sour cream if you choose.
Yes we are always so mad about how expensive their spinach dip is but we still always order it because it is soooo good! I will definitely try your version though :)
Post a Comment