I will still meet you at Hillstone for their french fries. This side is only $5 and they are worth every penny.
|Spinach Dip, Chicago Style|
1. 12 oz. box frozen chopped spinach, thawed (I don’t know about your grocery store but mine sells 10 oz boxes so I adjusted the other ingredients down slightly)
2. ½ C canned artichoke hearts (not marinated), chopped
3. 1 T chopped white onion
4. ¼ C heavy cream
5. ¼ C sour cream
6. 1 ¼ C shredded Monterey Jack cheese
7. 1/3 C grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
8. ¼ t garlic salt
9. Tortilla chips (I served it with Mission tortilla strips)
Mix together ingredients #1-3 in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and then cut a small slit in the center of the wrap so that the steam can escape. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Keep the spinach covered while you prepare the cream sauce.
Combine ingredients #4-8 in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat. Heat this mixture slowly for about 10 minutes or until the sauce reaches a simmer and thickens. Do not let the mixture boil.
Add the spinach mixture to the sauce and continue to heat over medium/low. Cook for about 10 more minutes or until mixture reaches a thick dip-like consistency. Pour into a bowl and serve with tortilla chips. Add side bowls of picante sauce and sour cream if you choose.