Does your life these days seem busier than usual? In addition to the regular homework,
practices, games and lessons, there seems to be lots of end of year projects,
celebrations, festivals, recitals, receptions, send-offs, thank you luncheons; not to
mention me wanting to cram in coffees and lunches with friends before summer
too. Time to cook is more limited than
before. My friend Alyssa shared her
chicken tacos recipe. Yes, I am
venturing into the crock pot world again.
Place all the ingredients in the pot and 6-8 unattended hours later… Besides that benefit, she says that there will
be enough to make chicken enchiladas later in the week! Now that’s a good use of my time!
|Chicken Tacos in the Crock Pot|
1. 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2-2 ¼ lbs)
2. 1 large jar (24 oz) of Pace Picante Sauce
3. ½ packet of taco seasoning (i.e., Old El Paso, McCormick’s)
4. 1 can (15 ¼ oz) can of corn, drained
5. 1 can (15 oz) of black beans, drained and rinsed
6. Tortillas, we are currently hooked on Tortilla Land raw flour tortillas in the refrigerated section near the butter-cheese-yogurt at Tom Thumb. A few seconds in a dry saute pan and it is like having your own tortilleria
7. Toppings of your choice, i.e., grated cheese, avocados, sour cream, lettuce, tomato…
Place chicken in crockpot. Season both sides of chicken with taco seasoning (the original recipe calls for the whole packet, but it's salty that way so I used about ½ the packet). Pour salsa over the chicken. Add drained and rinsed beans. Add drained can of corn. Stir. Cook on low 6-8 hours (usually it’s 6 ½ - 7 hours but it will depend on your crockpot).
After cooking, shred the chicken with a fork and mix all together. You won't have to shred too much - just stir with a little bit of force and the chicken shreds for you. Spoon into tortillas. Add your preferred toppings and enjoy!
Soooo, when do we get the enchilada recipe?
Good point! I need to find a good enchilada sauce recipe - red or green or sour cream? By now, the chicken is all gone - guess I'll have to make it again!
Post a Comment