1. Should I post more tartine recipes?
2. Should I find a way to use up the leftover arugula? Block of parmesan? Tub of ricotta?
3. Should I help my friend Deb use the tomatoes that are dripping off of the plants in her garden?
4. Should I try some of the recipes that I saw on the Today show this morning?
Choices! The frugal side of me prevailed – sorry Deb, I’ll get back to you – and I went searching for arugula recipes. I found a few good ones so buy yourself a box of arugula if you used it all up on the tartines. This Barefoot Contessa recipe landed on the top of our list because I also needed to use up some butterflied chicken breasts that I bought at Whole Foods earlier in the week. Also, try out this lemon fusilli pasta recipe with tomatoes and arugula.
|Arugula Salad with Parmesan|
1. 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
2. 1/2 cup good olive oil
3. 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4. 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6. Parmesan, freshly shaved
In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients #1-4. Pour over arugula and toss. Shave fresh parmesan on top and serve.
Serve with this pan-cooked parmesan chicken. Delish!