Summertime begs for recipes that feature the seasonal flavors. Linda, a frequent TBM contributor, sent me this recipe. It is a unique variation of a spinach salad with the burst of blueberries, nutty crunch of the toasted walnuts, distinct flavor of the blue cheese, and tangy balsamic vinaigrette.
Have you been watching the Food Network Star (Sundays at 8pm CST)? David and I are hooked. Check it out. Elizabeth and I are going to try and make some of the recipes from the show. We have selected our frontrunners. Who is yours?
|Spinach Salad with Blueberries and Blue Cheese|
1. 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2. 1 tablespoon blueberry preserves
3. 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
4. 1/8 teaspoon salt
5. 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
6. 1/8 teaspoon pepper
7. 2 tablespoons snipped chives
8. 5 ounces (10 cups) baby spinach
9. 12 ounces (approximately 2 cups) blueberries
10. 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
11. 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
In a small bowl, stir together vinegar, blueberry preserves, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil until well combined. Mix in chives. Set aside.
Toss together spinach, blueberries, walnuts and blue cheese. Mix in dressing and serve immediately – the spinach turns soggy quickly. Or serve the dressing on the side.
Post a Comment