Of the 4,372 things that make me nervous to raise kids, keeping them away from drugs is in the top 5. I can preach and threaten and point out examples but at some point I won’t have this much influence and that scares the bejeebers out of me. When my friend, Elizabeth, sent this recipe – called Christmas Crack – I started to hyperventilate then I had to adjust the name (forgive me Elizabeth!).
Last night I walked downstairs and found David sprawled out on the easy chair consuming this and simultaneously saying “take this away from me.”
- 2 cups of Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
- 6 cups of Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1 cup of pecans
- ½ cup (1 stick) of butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups of pretzel sticks
- 1 cup of M&Ms (holiday colors make it look festive!)
Transfer to wax paper and cool for 10 minutes. Try not to eat. Break into pieces and toss with pretzels and M&Ms.