|White Bean Bruschetta|
You know you live in Texas when…
one week you have a legitimate need for an electric heater blanket on your bed. The following week, you have a discussion with your husband about whether you should turn on the ceiling fan so you can use the blanket. Because the following week, you will need the blanket again. <<cue the violins>> And that is a winter in Texas.
Enough about me – what are you serving for the Super Bowl? We had a white bean bruschetta throwdown to help you out. A variation of this recipe won. Other delicious options include:
Happy birthday Claire!
- 1 15 oz. can Cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives (optional)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 French bread baguette, cut into -inch-thick rounds
- 5 to 6 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet), room temperature
Place rinsed and drained beans into a bowl. Mix in tomatoes, olives (optional), 4 tablespoons oil, basil and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Preheat broiler. Place bread slices on baking sheet. Brush with 2 tablespoons oil. Broil until golden, about 1 minute. Spread with cheese. Top with bean mixture.