|Franklin Barbecue Sauce|
Guess what? Franklin Barbecue has a cookbook (we are officially obsessed. That must be what 5 hours in line does to you. It makes you committed). Travis let me buy it and then the kids gave it to David and then Travis stole it from David and started reading. That sounds about right. The happy outcome was the homemade BBQ sauce that Travis made - we all agreed that it is worth the effort to make your own. It tasted pretty darn good on David’s pulled pork sandwiches on a buttered bun (everything is better on a buttered bun) with this cole slaw. Hello 2018!!
- 1 ¾ cups ketchup
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ cup + 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons + 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and warm over medium heat. Stir occasionally. Do not boil. Your goal is to melt and integrate the ingredients. Remove from heat; cool. Serve and enjoy. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Happy Birthday Gigi, Ed and Jeff!