Time to break that new year’s resolution around eating healthy – all for the sake of football! There are some big games coming up. What are you going to serve? A hot, gooey cheese dip – your family and guests can’t go hungry – all for the sake of football!
A couple of notes – if you don’t have a Sample House nearby with the Captain Rodney’s Boucan Glaze or you don’t want to order 2 bottles from Amazon or we don’t live close and/or you feel strange asking for a half cup of mine, do not fret – rename the dip “Charleston Cheese Dip” and you’ll be fine because it’s essentially the same thing.
May your team win!!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6 butter crackers, like Ritz, crushed
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Captain Rodney’s Boucan Glaze
- Chips, crackers, or pita chips to dip – my pref: Frito Scoops
Mix first 4 ingredients, then spread into a square casserole dish. Sprinkle crackers on top. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle bacon on top and drizzle with Boucan glaze. Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, pita chips, etc.