Well this is different. Different can be good and inspiring or unnerving and out of control. "Adversity does not build character, it reveals it." - James Lane Allen
I am trying to practice social distancing but my family keeps emerging at meal times and wants to be fed.
Our lives are usually so busy running from school to sports to everything else, I try to plan meals and have ingredients in the refrigerator. Now I have to plan out meals to minimize the number of times we go to the grocery store and to maximize what we have in the refrigerator and/or pantry.
Here are some recipes that might help you use canned or frozen foods that are in your house already - - or perhaps it will help you build a grocery list for your next trip and which will last for a while if you don’t want to eat it right away.
Whatever your intent or plan, stay safe – be well – reach out to a friend.
- Ranch Style Chili – Ranch Style beans + canned tomatoes + ground beef or turkey (which can be frozen and thawed when you are ready to cook)
- Black Bean, Corn and Feta Dip – canned black beans and corn + feta – any chip will do Tostitos Scoops, Frito Scoops, pita chips
- Chicken Pot Pie – try it with frozen vegetables plus you might have a 2nd pie crust leftover for raspberry mini pies
- Corn Chowder – frozen corn works well + a russet potato
- Raspberry Muffins – dig into your stash of frozen raspberries and a boxed muffin mix
- Blackberry Cobbler – use some frozen blackberries + flour, sugar, eggs and butter
- Banana Bread – don’t let those bananas go bad – make some bread or freeze the bananas and add to a smoothie
- Smoothie 1 or Smoothie 2 – create your own blend using your favorite frozen fruits like strawberries, raspberries, mango, pineapple, bananas + yogurt + juice
- Pumpkin Bread - grab a can of pumpkin and make your house smell like fall and winter
Post a Comment