Summer workout 101:
- Place 2 watermelons in your shoppping cart
- Add a case of bottled water and three 12-packs of Fresca (because why buy just one when the sale is must buy 3, plus Daddy enjoys his Fresca + vodka beverage in the evenings)
- Push (heavy) cart around grocery store
- Go through self-checkout so you have to lift items in and out of shopping cart
- Load car
- Unload car
- Voila – workout complete!
Baby it’s hot outside! With this triple digit heat, you need something, anything, multiple things to keep you cool on the outside and inside! Try this for a brain freeze.
- 4 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Vodka, optional
Cut the watermelon into cubes. Place in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and freeze until completely frozen, like ice cubes, for at least 2 hours.
While freezing the watermelon, cook ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely melted, which takes about 5 minutes. Cool completely to room temperature, about 1 hour.
When the watermelon is completely frozen, put half in a blender. Pour the syrup into the blender. Add the lemon juice, and blend until the mixture is mostly smooth, pushing it down with a wooden spoon or spatula if needed. Add the remaining watermelon, and continue to blend until the mixture is completely smooth.
Pour into glasses and enjoy!