- Be kind.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Exhibit strong character.
- Be a courageous bystander.
- Put on your listening ears.
- Wait your turn.
- Be helpful.
- Have a growth mindset.
- Show gratitude.
My friend at the Saint Michael’s Farmers Market said that they would have hatch green chiles roasting this weekend so stop by (Saturday 8am-12pm), get your chiles and try this recipe (adapted from Chili Pepper Madness)!
- Olive oil as needed
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 8 ozs roasted hatch green chile peppers
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful cilantro, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- Juice from 2 small limes
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Brush the ears of corn with oil and set them on the grill. Grill, turning often, until they are nicely charred and vibrant yellow in color. Remove from heat and cool.
While the corn is cooking, lightly oil the cherry tomatoes and set them onto the grill. Cook until they are charred and start to soften, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
Slice the kernels from all of the corn and add to a large mixing bowl.
Coarsely chop the hatch chiles and add to the bowl.
Add cotija cheese and cilantro and toss. Squeeze in lime juice and add vinegar. Toss. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper, if necessary.
Post a Comment